With the development of technical and scientific progress, there are more and more opportunities to improve human life. One of these innovations was smart clothes.
Smart Clothing Features
The potential of such outfits should not be underestimated. Already, such clothes are capable of:
- Read the heartbeat using sensors;
- Charge smartphones on the go;
- Notify you of notifications;
- Adapt to body temperature and change it depending on the need;
- Using chips to find out the location of a person;
- Determine who put on clothes thanks to face recognition technology;
- Serve much longer, wear less;
- Earn Money.
And this is far from the aisle of the opportunities that intellectual clothing is able to give to humanity.
Features of the future intelligent
If manufacturing technology has already gone so far, then in the future such outfits will become even more useful. Below are the properties that smart clothes will possess in 50-100 years.
- Clothing will be universal. It will have all the possibilities of life support: chips that read the state of health, devices that change the temperature, etc. No longer will you need to buy things with only one function.
- Things will be capable of regeneration – the automatic restoration of damaged parts.
- They will be inherent in autonomy. If now such fabrics are powered by batteries or solar panels, then the clothes of the future will work from kinetic and thermal energy.
- She will be able to change at the molecular level. Now you are running in a tracksuit, and after 5 minutes in a tuxedo you go on a date.
- Things will be able to replace all kinds of control panels. Thanks to the connection with the electronic system, you can control any equipment.
- The costume will be an extension of the wearer’s body. Thanks to biosymbiosis, clothes will help fight diseases, improve physical and mental characteristics.
- Things will have their own intelligence. Perhaps they will become so developed that they will not only be able to communicate with the owner, but will also become close friends to him.
All these opportunities are only in the plans, but active work is already underway on the technologies for their reconstruction.
The main manufacturing companies and their inventions
The market of smart clothes is booming, hundreds of companies from the field of fitness and medicine are working on it.
Now the manufacturing of such technologies is carried out by the companies:
Google was the first company in the world to produce smart clothes. In partnership with Levi’s, special threads have been developed that produce electricity. Then they released Levi’s® Commuter X Jacquard By Google jacket, which they created on the basis of smart fabric.
Such a jacket is capable of:
- Notify the owner of the Uber and Lyft taxi services when the car arrives;
- Enable and disable noise reduction in headphones with built-in Google Assistant;
- Synchronize with the phone and make sure that it is not lost;
- To call;
- Report missed calls
- control music playback;
- Remember geolocation.
It is worth noting that such a jacket can be washed up to 10 times without harm to electronics.
This manufacturer has released running shoes with automatic lacing and control from a smartphone, created specifically for basketball players. The player can control the strength of the lacing manually using the physical buttons on the shoe or the accompanying application on the smartphone.
The Chinese company has created a jacket with a heating mode. The idea is not surprising, however, this wardrobe item will cost the buyer much cheaper for analogues from other manufacturers.
This company produces caps with built-in headphones. They have open speakers, external control keys and a battery. This device allows you to connect to your phone via Bluetooth and listen to music for 6-8 hours.
This Italian company produces gloves with a built-in Bluetooth headset. There is a control unit with a battery on the cuff, and a speaker and microphone at the fingertips. They also released a baseball cap, which allows you to listen to music and talk on the phone.
This company in 2018 released smart clothes of the Tommy Jeans Xplore series. Sensors that determine the location of a person are built into all things of this company. The owner of such clothing may receive a reward for wearing it. The costume works according to the principle of the Pokemon Go game: collect hearts in different places and get a prize.
This is not a complete list of companies that are working on the introduction of electronic clothing in modern realities.
Types of smart clothes
Modern intelligent outfits can be divided into the following categories:
- Clothing for protection . It will not burn, is able to transfer data to other devices, charge devices and much more;
- Costumes created for fashion fans. She can change her color, glow in the dark, regulate temperature;
- Medical clothing. It makes life easier for people with disabilities. Created gadgets for the blind, gloves that are deaf and dumb, things that help with walking.
- Wardrobe items that will help its owner feel more comfortable. To do this, they will regulate body temperature, the effect of ultraviolet radiation, physical indicators.
- Smart clothes. Such things will take the place of smartphones in the future. With it, you can make calls, send SMS messages, pay bills, get directions, and much more.
The disadvantages of such clothes are high prices and the unreliability of the stored data. Since such things know literally everything about their owner, interference from outside can lead to data leakage and unpleasant consequences.
At the moment, smart clothing is a fairly simple technology, since it basically contains 2-3 functions. Its capabilities include Bluetooth, heart rate monitor, synchronization with the phone, headset, temperature control. Nevertheless, in the future such technologies promise active development and great prospects.