A conveyor plays a crucial role in several industries ranging from food production to manufacturing and packaging to warehousing and more. It allows for the efficient and quick handling of materials, moving them down the manufacturing line.
It helps achieve various functions by automating the process, reducing labor cost, minimizing accidents while handling, and quickening the manufacturing process.
Investing in a conveyor system is a great decision. You can buy a new or a used conveyor. But yes, you’ll save quite some money buying a used conveyor compared to a new one.
A conveyor is a mechanical device designed to move materials/products from one point to another. A conveyor can handle anything from small packets to huge boxes. It usually consists of a frame that supports wheels, rollers chain, or a belt.
It’s convenient when handling delicate items as well as extremely heavy goods. A conveyor meets the needs of various industries, which need to transport raw materials, or products from one part to another in the same building or facility.
Belt conveyor is one of the most versatile and widely used conveyor systems in the industries used to transport materials horizontally or on inclination. It is cheap and easy to maintain too. It comprises a belt, an idler, pulleys, and drive.
- Belt: The belt is the surface where the objects/material rides.
- Pulleys: The belt is controlled by the pulleys that support, move and control its tension.
- Drive: The drive powers the pulleys and helps them move the belt and the material on it.
- Idler: An idler gives support for carrying materials and returning the strands of the belt.
- Structure: Structure supports and maintains the alignment and the driving machinery.
Benefits of Choosing Used Belt Conveyors
A used belt conveyor has many benefits over a new one. Let’s look at some of them.
- Value for Money: Used conveyor gives you the best value for money. It is cheaper than the new ones and does the same job. Sometimes, you can get a hands-on conveyor in good condition at half the price.
- Availability: Sometimes, the conveyor which you require is not available in the market. Buying a used conveyor is simple as it is readily available. Also, there is a lot of variety in used conveyors, so you can choose the type of conveyor that fits your needs.
- Allows Better Cash Flow Management: Conveyor system is quite costly and you might need a loan or manage finances for it, which adds stress on the business. However, if you buy a used conveyor, you will put a less financial burden on your business and manage your money efficiently.
But if you want to enjoy the benefits of a used conveyor, you need to be very careful. As you know, you will not be buying a new product, so there are few things you should keep in mind while making a purchase.
Questions You Need to Ask Before Buying a Used Belt Conveyor
Is Your Seller Trusted?
As you will be buying a used belt conveyor, it’s essential to ensure that you are getting the quality you are promised. Therefore, make sure you purchase from a company that specializes in selling used conveyors. This will ensure that the conveyor you are getting is checked and maintained professionally. In case you find some problems, you will be able to reach out to them.
Is the Pricing Competitive?
You may find many sellers for used conveyors. But to crack the best deal, you’ll need to do market research on the price. Sometimes, the company can ask for more price than the competitors.
Also, if someone is selling you far too low than the competitive pricing, then again, it’s a problem. No doubt, you can crack a deal sometimes, but you have to keep your eyes open as to what you are getting in the money you are spending.
What’s The Condition?
The condition of the conveyor will impact the pricing a lot. So, you need to access the condition yourself to evaluate its price range. It will help you decide whether to go for the product or not. Even if you are buying a used conveyor, you should look for something that can last for some years to compensate for the price you are spending.
Many companies offer guarantee or maintenance services. So, you can ask your seller if they provide it or not. Secondly, check for the availability of the attachments in case you need them. If your conveyor is outdated, you might find it challenging to buy an attachment. So, keep this in mind too.
You mustn’t rush and decide after considering all the aspects. Explore all your options and choose a used conveyor only when you are confident that it’s a profitable deal for you.
Leave a Reply