Immunity is an essential component of our success and health. If it is weakened, then frequent diseases can not be avoided by various ailments in both childhood and adulthood. That is why you need to think about strengthening the body’s immune forces before any problems arise. Let’s figure out how to increase the immunity of an adult at home, why health is deteriorating and what are the alarming symptoms of a decrease in immune forces.
How the immune system works?
Immunity in translation from the Latin language – “getting rid of something.” The human immune system is a complex mechanism that protects the body from various diseases, failures and disorders. It can be innate, that is, when there is an initial resistance to some kind of ailment or negative external factor. There is also immunity acquired, arising in the process of human life and lasting for decades, and sometimes forever.
Bacteria and viruses that enter the body once causing the disease change our body at the cellular level. Now, having met the same enemy for the second time, the development of special antibodies begins, which allows you to quickly and effectively cope with the disease. If immunity was acquired as a result of a disease, then it is called active, and if by vaccination containing parts of cells or weakened bacteria, then passive. So, if you have had measles or chickenpox, then most likely you will never encounter them in your life.
There are two more types of immunity: specific and non-specific. In the second case, the body releases immunoglobulins and interferon, which is used in the fight against any microorganism, and in the first case, special substances are produced that can cope with a specific disease.
Immunity acts as a security system. He explores everything that enters the body from the outside world or those that are inside. At the slightest alarm, the fight begins with the intruder, that is, the virus or bacterium, fungi or parasites that mutated the cells. He does his best to neutralize it and remove it from the body. The immune system affects the entire human body at the cellular level and is provided by special organs and tissues:
- Bone marrow located in human bones and engaged in hematopoiesis;
- Spleen, also responsible for blood formation and located in the abdominal cavity;
- Lymph nodes located at the junction of the lymph vessels, responding to any inflammatory processes and infections;
- The thymus gland, which is the main organ of the immune system, located in the upper chest.
The immune system is closely related to all other body systems. With its failures, the whole body suffers: inadequate amount of blood is purified, toxins and toxins, as well as other harmful substances are removed, microflora in the digestive tract are disturbed, and nerve conduction and gas exchange in the lungs deteriorate. Good immunity does not allow one or another illness to get sick, and also greatly facilitates the course of the disease at the first collision of the body with it.
Reasons for a decrease in immunity
Most often, a person begins to think about how to strengthen immunity folk remedies or medications, when you often have to get sick with various viral and colds. But before carrying out any actions designed to make us stronger, increase the body’s immune forces, it is necessary to find out the reasons for the decrease in immunity.
Experts talk about a huge number of constant or periodically occurring factors that adversely affect the body’s defense. But the most striking of them should be considered:
- Bad habits, including smoking and drinking alcohol;
- An unbalanced diet in which there are many harmful substances or components that require long digestion;
- The use of drugs, for example, antibiotics, hormones;
- Insufficient intake of important substances: vitamins, amino acids, trace elements;
- Frequent overwork and stress;
- Insufficient amount of fluid consumed;
- Insufficient or inadequate rest;
- Radiation background and poor environmental conditions;
- Traumatic injuries, surgical interventions;
- Long-term diseases of a chronic nature, for example, psoriasis, arthritis, diabetes mellitus, tumors;
- Sedentary lifestyle;
Immunity in childhood
To strengthen immunity in childhood, you need to know that the mechanisms in this case work somewhat differently than in adults. Their formation ends only at the age of 14. Doctors distinguish several critical periods of childhood immunity:
- Up to 28 days, the child is under the influence of forces acquired from the mother during fetal development. As a rule, the baby is defenseless at this time more than anything before viruses.
- At 4-6 months, antibodies received from the mother begin to break down. It is during this period that vaccination and revaccination are carried out. Various diseases can occur, allergic reactions, inflammatory processes and intestinal infections are frequent.
- At 2 years old, the child actively learns the world, pulls everything in his mouth, which means that he gives a huge load to his body. It is during this period that congenital anomalies may appear, and the incidence of viral and infectious diseases will increase.
- At 4-6 years old, active immunity is already accumulated under the influence of vaccinations and previous diseases. But at the same time, during this period, it is important to treat the diseases on time and correctly, because they risk developing into chronic forms.
- At the age of 12-15, completion of the formation of immunity occurs. It is at this time that hormonal changes occur in girls and boys, and the organs of the immune system acquire their normal sizes.
Further lifestyle of an adult depends on the lifestyle of a child up to 14-15 years old, his habits and diet, activity, proper functioning of all internal organs and systems.
Symptoms of Immunity
The main symptoms of a decrease in defenses and the reason for finding the answer to the question,
How to strengthen the immunity of an adult with folk remedies and drugs, the following symptoms may become:
- Frequent illness of colds and viral ailments, such as flu, acute respiratory viral infections, acute respiratory infections (more than 4-6 times a year);
- Overflow of colds into more serious diseases, for example, bronchitis, pneumonia, otitis media, tonsillitis;
- The appearance on the body of rashes, acne and ulcers;
- Longer than normal, the course of various diseases;
- Drowsiness or, conversely, difficulty sleeping;
- Fatigue and weakness, not passing even after a good rest;
- Exacerbation of diseases not previously manifested, for example, fungal skin lesions, herpes, the occurrence of papillomas and warts;
- Digestion and stool problems;
- Aching muscles and joints;
- Unstable blood pressure;
- The appearance of an apparent causeless subfebrile body temperature;
- Bad mood, depression and even suicidal thoughts;
- Increased aggressiveness and irritability.
All these signs, which occurred singly or in combination, indicate that your immunity needs support.
General rules for strengthening the body’s immune forces
In no case should you self-medicate. The immune system is a complex mechanism that, if not properly interfered, can fail. It is important to consult a specialist in a timely manner. In some cases, it is enough to follow the doctor’s general recommendations to achieve the desired therapeutic effect, but sometimes a thorough study and special
Methods of increasing immunity
A specialist in a number of tests and analyzes makes an immunogram, which reflects a variety of characteristics from blood, saliva and urine to analysis of cerebrospinal fluid. But such a study does not always give results. It is useful for primary immunodeficiency, HIV and AIDS, cancer, as well as other diseases of an immune and autoimmune nature.
Here are the main ways to strengthen immunity and the recommendations of doctors who are desirable to observe in everyday life:
- To refuse from bad habits. Cigarettes, drugs and alcohol are not the best friends of health. And their systematic use leads to the destruction of the body, undermines the defenses, disrupts the work of all organs and systems. For example, smoking causes great harm to the respiratory, urogenital, and circulatory systems.
- Food should be balanced. In the diet should be enough of all the necessary elements for the functioning of the body and its rapid recovery.
- Maintaining an active lifestyle. If you often walk in the fresh air, constantly ventilate the room before going to bed and work in it, move a lot and do exercises, then frequent illnesses are not afraid of you.To strengthen immunityIt’s important not to overdo it – tedious physical activity can lead to the opposite effect.
- Hardening. Pouring cold water when properly implemented gives amazing results. It is important to start with a small difference in temperature and enter into your life very slowly. It is advisable to begin hardening in the warm season, when colds are rare. In childhood, immunity can also be strengthened, but this should be done after consulting a doctor. In addition to the usual dousing, proper selection of clothing will benefit. It should be seasonally comfortable, moisture and air permeable. In the chosen things it is important not to freeze and not sweat.
- Full sleep. Of course, we are all different, for everyone the need for rest can be different from the others. Experts recommend sleeping at least 7 hours a day without a break. It is important to relax in a comfortable environment, in silence and darkness, which will have a beneficial effect on the hormonal system.
- The use of clean water. The fluid that enters our body helps to eliminate toxins and toxins, improves metabolic processes and blood circulation, and promotes rejuvenation and healing. A person weighing 60-70 kg should consume at least 2 liters of water per day, and more on hot days.Strengthening immunity folk remediesand drinking plenty of fluids will help to forget about illnesses and feel great at any age.
- Weight Tracking. Extra pounds are not only a cosmetic defect. This is a violation of the work of all organs and an additional burden on the body. These are malfunctions in metabolism and unbalanced nutrition, lack of physical activity. Therefore, try to adhere to indicators considered normal for your physique and age.
Compliance with these rules is the best for enhanced immunity and saves you for the years to come.
Nutrition and immunity
Nutrition is of the utmost importance to increase immunity to adults and children. It is important not only to choose the right diet, which will contain all the necessary trace elements and vitamins, but also to eat food regularly. Frequent diets and weight loss can cause significant damage to the body, cause malfunctions in the metabolism, immune and hormonal systems.
Experts recommend that when choosing a daily diet include the following products:
- Protein suppliers: low-fat beef, fish, poultry, dairy and sour-milk products, nuts and seeds, legumes;
- Suppliers of fats: vegetable and butter, fatty fish, avocados, nuts, chicken eggs;
- Suppliers of complex carbohydrates: whole grains of pasta, rye and bran bread, cereals and legumes.
It is also important to consume fresh herbs, berries, fruits and vegetables, as they are rich in trace elements and vitamins, are quickly digested and easily digested. It is this kind of nutrition that helps to quickly increase immunity in an adult and a child. The lack of one or another component can lead to serious problems. For example, many losing weight exclude from their diet all fatty foods. But this is fundamentally wrong. After all, healthy fats are the first barrier to viruses and germs. They are necessary for the normal functioning of the nervous system and brain, are responsible for the absorption of vitamins, the synthesis of sex hormones and the construction of intercellular membranes. Some types of fat are indispensable and are not synthesized by the body itself.
Also, folk remedies to increase immunity in adults, as well as experts, argue that it is important to include foods containing vitamin C in your diet all year round, and especially in the season of colds and viral diseases. This substance increases the body’s resistance to infection, triggers tissue regeneration processes, positively affects blood and metabolism. Most of it is found in citrus fruits, peas and legumes, red fruits, cauliflower.
What is worth giving up?
To strengthen immunity for adults, it is necessary to significantly reduce the amount of food consumed in food or to completely abandon such foods as:
- Sweets and buns containing a large amount of oil, margarine, transgenic fats;
- Fast food;
- Alcohol and carbonated sugary drinks;
- Food with flavorings and colorings, for example, yoghurts;
- Canned foods containing large amounts of salt or other harmful substances;
- white bread and pastries;
- Products containing preservatives and pesticides;
- Sausages and sausages;
- Smoked, fatty, salty, too spicy food;
- Popcorn, chips and other snacks;
- Ketchup, mayonnaise, soy sauce;
- Instant coffee and all coffee drinks, for example, latte, frappuccino.
From ancient times, we received a variety of recipes for preserving and strengthening immunity, although the term denoting the body’s defenses appeared in medical practice only in the 19th century. Increasing immunity with folk remedies in adults can be carried out in different ways. Here are the most effective recipes:
- Tincture of Echinacea. This plant is a real storehouse of nutrients. It effectively fights pathogenic microflora, viral and infectious diseases, stimulates the lymphatic system, removes toxins and toxins, helps eliminate pain and foci of inflammation. To increase immunity, 15-20 drops of this drug per day are enough for several weeks. Then you need to take a break and, if necessary, conduct a second course of treatment.
- Tincture of ginseng. It can be prepared independently from the root and leaves, as well as purchased at a pharmacy. This is a powerful tool to strengthen the immune system, effective in the fight against pathogenic bacteria, strengthens the immune system, improves the functioning of the hormonal, nervous, cardiovascular system, promotes the launch of tissue regeneration processes. The dosage regimen depends on the individual characteristics of the body.
- Tincture of Chinese Schisandra. This plant gives a good increase in immunity in adults, helps to improve mental work, activity and efficiency during the day, fights against germs, bacteria and viruses.
- Various herbal preparations. Medicinal herbs can be used in pure form or as part of drugs to strengthen immunity. Their proper use helps to improve well-being, get rid of many problems. There are many recipes using medicinal plants. Here is one of them: strawberry leaves, chamomile flowers and a string in equal amounts are mixed and poured with boiling water. On a spoonful of the mixture you need to take 200-250 ml of liquid. Insist in a glass jar with a lid until completely cooled, then strain and drink instead of tea.
- Honey and drinks with it. A recipe is especially effective for enhancing immunity with honey in tea with lemon juice. It is only important to remember that boiling water over honey is forbidden. At temperatures above 45-50⁰C, substances harmful to the body are formed in it. In addition to honey, other beekeeping products will also be useful for immunity: royal jelly and propolis.
- Garlic and onion. These are ancient folk remedies to enhance immunity. Eating such foods rich in vitamins and minerals, carotene and other valuable substances will help not only increase immunity and survive the fight against viruses and infections, but also lower cholesterol, normalize blood pressure and improve the elimination of toxins.
- Tincture and use of fresh ginger root. This plant also has an immunostimulating property, improves blood circulation and the removal of toxins, promotes the launch of tissue repair and rejuvenation processes, gives a surge of vitality and strength.
If you don’t know how to increase immunity at home in an adult, then all these recipes that can be used both for prevention and as part of complex therapy to strengthen immunity will help you. In any case, it is advisable to first consult with a specialist.
Often, to preserve health and stimulate the body’s defenses, doctors prescribe the use of various medications:
- Vitamin and mineral complexes. You can choose the right drug to strengthen immunity in any pharmacy, but it is better to listen to the doctor’s recommendations and undergo a preliminary examination.
- Homeopathic remedies. As part of such preparations, extracts from medicinal herbs and plants, substances obtained from parts of animals. For example, Immunal and Aflubin.
- Bacterial enzymes. The most commonly prescribed are Ribomunil and Imudon.
- Immunostimulating agents with interferon in the composition. These are Arbidol, Viferon, Anaferon, Cycloferon and similar “ferons”. Such drugs to increase immunity help strengthen immunity, accelerate the elimination of the disease.
- Thymus regulating drugs. These are Derinat, Timolin and Timostimulin.
- Biostimulants. This is aloe, FIBS, the vitreous. They improve the condition of a person, contribute to the normalization of metabolic processes.
It is important to remember that only a doctor can choose a treatment regimen and ways to increase immunity, based on your health status, existing chronic diseases, as well as individual characteristics, for example, the presence or absence of excess weight and pregnancy, age and gender of a person.
As you can see, there are many different means to strengthen and increase the body’s immunity. But no injections and pills can help, unless you change your lifestyle to a healthier one, learn to eat in a timely and balanced way, do gymnastics in the morning and go for a walk in any weather in the evenings. Only the introduction of such “healthy” habits and timely treatment of emerging diseases will help you always be healthy and not experience immunity problems.
Immunity boosting drugs
Immunity – a system of protecting the body from negative external and internal factors. To strengthen it, a variety of methods are used: hardening, walking, charging, as well as many other measures. But in some cases, all these measures do not bring the necessary result, and then you can not do without the use of drugs to increase immunity.
Of course, you should not choose medications yourself – this can only harm a weakened body. It is advisable to consult a doctor, pass all the necessary tests and only with the help of a specialist select the treatment. Let’s see what the doctor most often prescribes to increase immunity, how these drugs act on the human body and what features they have.
How to increase immunity with drugs
The reasons for the decrease in immunity in adults and children can be a variety of factors, including:
- Stress, mental and physical overload, lack of proper rest;
- Intoxication, prolonged or frequent diseases;
- The use of certain drugs, for example, antibiotics;
- Genetic diseases.
The use of drugs to strengthen immunity is necessary only after consulting a doctor and only in cases where it is really necessary. In addition to the use of such drugs, it is necessary:
- Balance nutrition and normalize its regimen;
- Monitor for sufficient fluid intake;
- Normalize sleep and rest during the day;
- Try to avoid stress and overwork.
Among the main types of drugs that are usually prescribed by a doctor to strengthen immunity are synthetic and natural remedies:
- Interferons and other immunostimulating agents;
- Herbal and homeopathic remedies;
- Agents with a bacterial or yeast component;
- Other drugs that do not belong to any of the groups.
This is one of the most extensive groups of drugs to enhance immunity, which include plant extracts, oils, extracts. All of them help in the case of:
- In an emergency when there is a sick person in the family or at work, and you need to avoid infection;
- To fill the deficiency of amino acids, minerals and vitamins necessary for the body;
- For the prevention of diseases and increase body tone.
Among this group of drugs, there are a variety of forms of drugs: tablets, sprays, rectal suppositories, solutions, tinctures, and even drops to enhance immunity. As a rule, all of them are used seasonally at the peak of the incidence of viral and infectious diseases: in autumn and spring. Moreover, they are drunk in courses of several weeks, after which a break is made. Typically, the composition of the drug includes several components at once, which enhance the action of each other, have a positive effect on the nervous system and the work of all organs. Among the most common and often prescribed to increase immunity of herbal preparations is worth noting:
- Agents containing echinacea extract and euterococcus;
Important! Such drugs to increase immunity in adults and children activate metabolic processes in the body, contribute to relaxation and calm, improve performance. They must be taken exactly according to the instructions in the required dosage. Only in this case will it be possible to achieve the desired therapeutic effect.
Vitamin and mineral complexes
Even an insignificant deficiency of some vitamin and mineral can immediately negatively affect the appearance of a person and his immunity. But an excess of such substances will not bring any benefit. Vitamins and minerals enter our body with food, but not always in sufficient quantities. Therefore, often to strengthen immunity and help a person in the fight against overcoming ailments, a specialist selects a vitamin-mineral complex that:
- Accelerates and improves metabolism, the removal of toxins, the absorption of nutrients, the functioning of all organs and systems;
- Helps to strengthen and increase the elasticity of the vascular walls;
- Helps to neutralize many harmful processes and substances.
Among the most commonly prescribed vitamins, it is worth highlighting:
- Syrup for strengthening immunity with rose hips;
- Complexes with a high content of vitamins of groups B, C, E, D, PP and others.
Yeast and bacterial preparations
There are pills to enhance immunity, as well as other forms of drugs containing bacterial enzymes that act as pathogens of various diseases. Such substances are absolutely safe for health, if used correctly, they help strengthen immunity and survive in the peak season of the disease. Most often, among the preparations of microbial and yeast origin, the following medications are prescribed by specialists:
Important! All these drugs have one feature that excludes their independent use without prior consultation with a specialist: a complex treatment regimen that is selected individually. They begin to be taken with a large dosage, and by the end of treatment, the dose used is gradually reduced.
Interferonogens – a group of drugs that include interferon of animal origin. This substance is also synthesized in the human body itself, but often in insufficient quantities. Drugs with interferon are prescribed for the prevention of viral and infectious diseases, as well as in childhood and in a weakened state of a person, when the disease is very difficult.
Among the most popular interferonogen agents are worth noting:
Also, this group of drugs includes drugs that provoke the production of interferon by the body. These medicines are prohibited in Europe, as there is no clinical evidence of their use, but such drugs have side effects. Among them are Arbidol, Cycloferon, Amiksin. They are prescribed to increase immunity for adults and children.
This group of drugs includes drugs that affect the strengthening of immunity only indirectly. They include substances of animal and vegetable origin, as well as synthesized artificially. All of them positively affect the work of all organs and systems of the human body, contribute to the launch of the tissue regeneration process. The most commonly used are:
- Honey, propolis and other beekeeping products;
- Fish fat;
- Means for normalizing the liver, for example, Essential Forte;
- Sorbents that help remove harmful substances and waste from the body.
As you can see, there are various means to increase immunity. All of them have their own characteristics of use and dosage, possible side effects and contraindications. Therefore, you should not choose a drug for yourself and your children. It is better to contact a specialist who will prescribe the most suitable remedy after conducting the examination and deciphering the results of the analyzes.
Leave a Reply