When it comes to adding value to your life, few things are as powerful as sleeping well through the night. Personally, if I don’t get enough sleep, even the strongest Iced Americano won’t be able to pick me up the following day. Experts recommend getting seven hours of sleep each night. If you meet that requirement, you not only will have a lot more energy but you also are less likely to experience a number of health problems.
What surveys teaches us about sleep?
Not long ago, the US Centers for Disease Control surveyed Americans to see how much sleep they are getting. According to the results of the survey, only one out of every three adults are sleeping for the recommended seven hours each night. Take a look at the two people closest to you right now. If they look well-rested, it could mean that you are the one not getting enough sleep.
Based on this survey, only about a third of all Americans are meeting their nightly sleep requirements. Sadly, that means that a tremendous number of adults throughout the country are operating on less sleep than they need. As a result, they may have trouble concentrating while driving or at work. They also are at an increased risk of developing serious health problems like diabetes, obesity, coronary heart disease, and high blood pressure. A lack of sleep can even contribute to an early death. Therefore for staying healthy this plays a vital role.
Sleep is the best medicine
Its hard for individuals to have A person spends a third of his life in a dream. It is no coincidence that nature conceived: the body regularly needs not only rest, but also “repair and maintenance work” – the skin is renewed at night, intense hormonal and metabolic processes occur in the body.
Those who constantly save on sleep, eventually pay for it prematurely withered skin. It becomes gray, lethargic (due to lack of sleep, metabolic processes in the epidermis are disturbed), and dark circles appear under the eyes – lack of sleep causes the expansion of blood vessels. Getting yourself a soothing melody from mp3 juice might help ease your sleeping issues too. Good sleep may well replace expensive cosmetics for the toning and freshness of the skin.
Rules that contribute to good sleep
Here are the 12 rules that contribute big time to have a good sleep:
- Go to bed before midnight. The optimal time is from 22.00 to 23.00.
- Accustom yourself to go to bed at a certain time – due to this, a conditioned reflex will appear, which contributes to easy falling asleep and deeper sleep.
- Do not drink coffee after 14.00. The effects of caffeine last longer than commonly thought.
- Do not try to sleep “in reserve” – this is guaranteed to lead tonight insomnia. If you fall asleep on the move during the day, take a nap for an hour after lunch, but do not try to get enough sleep. On weekends, it is also not recommended to sleep until noon – 1-2 hours of extra sleep are enough.
- Sleep in the dark – forget about nightlights, hang light-proof curtains on windows that will protect from the light of streetlights and advertising signs. Melatonin, necessary for the restoration of the body, is produced only in the dark. Even a weak light source is enough to stop the production of melatonin.
- Do not eat up at night, during dinner, avoid fatty and difficult to digest food. The process of digesting food takes about 3-4 hours. And, until this process is completed, there can be no question of the rest of the body.
- Do not brainstorm later than 21 hours – devote it to more pleasant things: reading, talking with loved ones, etc. A gradual decrease in mental activity by the end of the day helps you to fall asleep more easily.
- Ventilate the bedroom – fresh air has sleeping pills. Therefore, it is recommended to sleep in a well-ventilated room. It is best to take a walk before bedtime. If it doesn’t work, go to the balcony or breathe near the open window.
- Drink a sleeping pill – make yourself herbal tea from chamomile, mint, lavender, oregano, lemon balm, and drink it in slow sips before going to bed. This will not only help you quickly fall into a dream but also have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin. Another classic sleeping pill is warm milk with honey. But do not overdo it with the amount of honey: a teaspoon of honey relaxes, a tablespoon – tones.
- Create a bedtime ritual – it can be a good book, a conversation with a friend or mother on the phone.
- Take a bath. The bath will help not only to relax but also to fully cleanse the skin, which will make it the most susceptible to cosmetics.
- Provide optimal temperature for sleeping. Because a night’s sleep in a stuffy room is a guarantee of a morning headache. The optimum temperature for the room in which you sleep is 18-20 degrees. Better dress warmly, cover with a blanket – but sleep in coolness. You can accustom yourself to this by gradually lowering the temperature in the bedroom.
When it comes to getting better sleep, there are a lot of strategies and techniques. Some of them are new while others have been around for centuries. For a traditional approach, many people recommend having a warm glass of milk and a little bit of bourbon. Using a white noise machine or sleeping with a fan may also be beneficial.
Taking a warm bath before going to bed to relax can make you feel drowsy, which may lead to better sleep. In the end, however, the most important factor when it comes to getting better sleep is making sure you have the right mattress. Read these reviews to find the best mattress for a great night’s sleep.