Going to buy perfume? Then you are likely to come across the difficult torment of choice. Therefore, here is a guide to help you choose the best perfume for men.
Smell is one of the most important elements of a wardrobe, according to which a lot can be said about a person’s personality, it is an invisible part of personal style. It can also cause a lot of emotions and is able to return a person to old memories.
European studies show that men primarily pay attention to the appearance of women, and the latter judge men by their fragrance. Therefore, it is so important for a man to have an excellent men’s perfume in his arsenal.
Here are some important things to look for when buying men’s perfumes.
Types of aromas
There are no two identical flavors. All of them differ from each other in durability , saturation, chemical composition and other things. It is also worth remembering that there are several types of fragrances for men.
- Perfume. This species is the most expensive, and it is the most concentrated and it is the highest quality. The percentage of aromatic oils is very high (up to 30%). It is applied to the warmest areas of the body – wrists, elbow bend, neck, ears. When applied, the effect of perfume lasts about a day, with time it opens up with new faces. In perfumes, base notes often prevail. Use it with caution, since a high concentration of oils can burn the skin and mucous membranes. The perfume is a little oily to the touch.
- Perfume. This is a less concentrated version (15-20% of perfume oils), and their effect persists for 5-8 hours. This type of fragrance is often called day perfume; it is not so persistent in comparison with perfume.
- Cologne. This is the oldest view among all. Initially, cologne (or Cologne water, to be exact) was called the perfume used by men in North America. Now, cologne is most often used by young people or adolescents because of its fresh fruity smell. It consists of 2-4% perfume oils, the rest is alcohol and water. The top notes are intensely felt in the cologne.
- Eau de Toilette. This is 5-15% of pure perfume essence dissolved in alcohol. It consumes much more than perfume and perfume, but also costs much less. Most often available in spray bottles. The fragrance lasts about 3 hours.
- Aromatic water. This is the most unsaturated version of perfume. It consists of 1-3% perfumery compounds, the rest is alcohol and water. Exposure to aromatic water is not more than an hour. This type of perfume is ideal for sports, it is well refreshing and invigorating. Most often it has a citrus flavor. Top notes prevail here.
Perfume Life Cycle
Absolutely any of the types of perfume presented above has a so-called life cycle, which has the following phases:
- Base (or loop) notes. Fragrances belonging to this category are felt last and last longer than others. That is, the base note you will feel only after some time after spraying. The most commonly used base notes are tobacco, musk, vanilla, sandalwood, cedar and others. Base notes cease to be felt as the spirits dry.
- Middle notes. This, in fact, is the main element that the fragrance is made of. Middle notes come into play immediately after evaporation of the upper notes, and are transmitted to the base notes (and are also often mixed with them). Jasmine, cloves, coriander and cinnamon are often used as medium notes. They are felt for 3-5 hours after spraying.
- Top notes. The top note is the most airy smell, it is you who feel it immediately after spraying the perfume. But even he, thanks to his lightness, disappears almost immediately. The top note is felt from 15 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the richness of the aroma.
The smell becomes lighter and reaches the nose when spraying perfume. The so-called powdery, citrus and fruit aromas, cinnamon and the smell of the sea – these are the aromas that most often act as the top notes.
Linear and nonlinear aromas
Quite often, you can encounter a smell that smells the same throughout the duration of the action. Such a perfume will smell the same even a few hours after application. It is a linear flavor.
And, these are budget perfumes that are available to absolutely everyone.
And there are nonlinear spirits. Their smell changes throughout the day. Therefore, if you want to smell differently during working hours and in the evening, you should pay attention to non-linear perfumes.
Well, now the next time you go out for a new perfume, you will know what all those previously incomprehensible labels on the label mean. And now you know what questions you need to ask when buying perfumes.
Leave a Reply