Traditional tacos – a dish of Mexican cuisine, smoothly migrated to Texas cuisine. For cooking, thinner and smaller cakes are used than in a burrito , the filling is placed in the center, after which the tortilla is folded in half.
Classic Taco Tortilla Recipe
The basis of a traditional taco recipe is crispy, thin cornmeal cakes. But for greater ductility it can be mixed with wheat:
- 200 g of cornmeal;
- 50 g of wheat flour;
- 1 tsp melted pork fat or butter.
Sift the flour, put in a teaspoon of fat and rub. Then pour a quarter cup of warm water, knead the dough. It should be soft, flexible and uniform, sticking from the hands. Roll the ball, cover with a hot damp cloth and set aside for 10 minutes. Now the ball needs to be rolled into a sausage and divided into 6 parts. Make a small cake out of each.
Each cake is fried in a dry pan for 30-40 seconds on each side. After cooking, fold them in a stack and wrap in foil.
Bell pepper and veal tacos
To prepare 7-8 Mexican fill cakes, you will need:
- 400-500 g of beef tenderloin;
- Some lime juice and corn oil with vinegar for roasting;
- 2-3 sweet peppers;
- 2 onion heads;
- Greens to taste;
- Chilli to taste.
Making a beef appetizer is very simple:
- Cut the meat into cubes and fry in oil, adding onions, a spoonful of vinegar and a pod of red pepper.
- Pour the greens 2-3 minutes before cooked, salt and pepper the filling.
- Put them in cakes, bend them and serve them with tomato sauce or guacamole.
Beef can be replaced with pork. A spoonful of lime juice, added to the filling before serving, will add a special flavor to the dish.
Classic Beef and Bean Tacos
One of the variations of the classic tacos is considered a recipe with minced meat, beans and vegetables, characteristic of Mexican cuisine:
- 4 cakes;
- 400 g ground beef;
- 200 g of cucumbers and tomatoes;
- 200 g of green salad;
- 100 g of bell pepper and the same amount of onion;
- 3 t. L. canned red beans;
- Parsley to taste;
- Salt, vegetable oil and pepper.
To make the filling perfect in consistency, observe the technology of mixing it:
- Fry half the onion with minced meat until fully cooked.
- The remaining half chopped with cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes, tear lettuce leaves and chop parsley.
- Preheat the cakes in the oven for 3-4 minutes, then put the vegetable mixture, minced meat on them. Can be sprinkled with hot tomato sauce.
Serve on beautiful dishes immediately after cooking – warm tacos are tastier than cooled ones!
Chicken and Avocado Tacos
Chicken appetizer is light and flawlessly combined with a wide range of ingredients:
- 10 cakes for tacos
- 200 g filet
- 1 PC. onions, 3 cloves of garlic
- 250 g of tomatoes in their own juice
- Unrefined olive oil
- 100 g of red beans in tomato sauce;
- 1 lime and avocado;
- 50 g Cheddar cheese or other hard cheese;
- Dried chilli, black pepper, salt and brown sugar to taste.
Follow the step-by-step recipe and you get perfect chicken cakes:
- Chop onion and garlic, fry them in olive oil for 1-2 minutes, immediately put chopped chili peppers.
- Grind the fillet into pieces, roll in wheat flour and fry until tender.
- Tomatoes in their own juice are already peeled, they need to be mashed with a fork and added to the meat.
- Salt, pepper, pour a little sugar and beans, mix and mascara for another 10 minutes on low heat.
- Preheat the cakes in the oven and immediately bend in half so that they retain their shape.
- Cut the avocado into slices or strips, sprinkle with lime juice, olive oil and add a little salt.
- Sodium the cheese and start collecting the snack: first put a spoonful of chicken and beans, then avocado and cheese.
You can make tacos according to a similar recipe with a turkey, duck or even a rabbit.
Light taco with chicken and crab meat
If you want to make an unusual tacos recipe at home, then take the following ingredients:
- 100 g of crab meat and chicken;
- 2 cakes for tacos;
- 5-6 iceberg lettuce leaves;
- 2 tbsp. l Greek yogurt (white sugar free);
- 2 tbsp. l canned corn;
- a little dill.
Chili can be added at will, but without it you get a more tender recipe:
- Chop the boiled chicken, cut the salad into long strips, and chop the dill.
- Mix foods, add corn and spices to taste.
- Preheat the cakes in the microwave or oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Put the filling in the middle of the tortilla, fold in half.
Serve the dish immediately, otherwise the cakes will soften and become tasteless.
Tacos is a simple and tasty Mexican appetizer that could well replace a meal. It is prepared with minced meat and minced meat mixed with vegetables and red beans, spreading the mixture on small tortillas made from corn or wheat-corn flour. A special piquancy to the dish is given by lime juice and hot chili pepper, added directly to the filling or to the taco sauce.
Leave a Reply